My guests this week are Roni, Jaime, and Rachel from Nerdy Curiosities. After coming together through the NerdHQ community at San Diego Comic Con; Roni, Jaime, Rachel and Jen started a blog to share their nerdy interests and hobbies. The blog covers Nerdy Reports with the latest headlines in pop culture and comic conventions, Nerdy Designs with nerd fashion, accessories and cosplay, and Nerdy Eats for nerd-inspired food and drink recipes.
Their non podcast podcast, Nerds R Us, also interviews other nerds and makers.
In this interview we talk about:
- How Nerdy Curiosities grew from the Nerd HQ fan community
- Challenges of organizing the non podcast podcast
- Reaching out to guests for Nerds R Us
- Benefits of covering Comic Cons from a fan’s perspective instead of press
- Reporting from smaller panels at Comic Cons
- The absence of NerdHQ at San Diego Comic Con 2017
- How to avoid internet and real life trolls