My guest this week is cosplayer Khepera Von Stitches. Khepera is an award winning cosplayer at many cosplay competitions, has judged competitions and has over 25 years of costume making experience. She is best known for her award-winning Evil Lyn.
This weekend Khepera will be a cosplay guest at Granite State Comic Con! Be sure to stop by her table if you’ll be attending.
In this episode we cover a lot of great topics including:
- Her first cosplay competition experience
- Plans for Granite State Comic Con
- Her secret project being unveiled at New York Comic Con
- Setting commission rates and understanding what you’re worth as an artist
- Managing your time
- Working with new materials such as electronics, worbla and more
- Organizing an annual cosplay competition on Free Comic Book Day
- Using your brand’s reach to spread a positive message
- Why you should avoid comparing yourself to other artists or entreprenerds